Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot send mass mail.

Cannot send mass mail.

Hello,

I've got a remote db user running 10.0.3 and Outlook 2007 that cannot send mass emails through the mail merge wizard.

We both did it at the same time (me on the server, he on his laptop) over the phone performing the same steps but his will not actually send any emails. His computer will say that it is merging the records but no emails get sent.

* I have verified the email settings on both computers.

* I have not set up an address book for either computer through Outlook.

Any ideas?

Thanks. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot send mass mail.

Does it error or just say it's merging and not do anything?

How many is he trying to send... Outlook will have issues somewhere between 100 and 150 in a merge. If wanting to do more, you should look at either MergeMaster! or SwiftPage for this

Also - have you tried a different template - like one of the default ones that are shipped with ACT!?

Hi Mike,

It just doesn't do anything. It will say that it's merging the records but then there are no items in his Sent Items box and he does not receive the email.

We're testing it on a small lookup of only two contacts which are both the same email address. To be specific, they are his user record and a record that got created by mistake but which also has his email address.

Thanks! 

Does it count through the records?

Try two different records... it will omit if it thinks the email adress is bad. Or just change one of the records to a dummy email like nothing000@hotmail.com

I assume you've checked in Tools | Preferences | Email to be sure it's set to use Outlook?