Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot schedule beyond 2009. Error message

Cannot schedule beyond 2009. Error message

This is a big dilema and have spent so far 4100 on ACT tech support with no luck!

ACT 2008 10 Premium. When scheduling beyond 2009 the following error is prompted: "Error: Invalid recurr spec. Monthly named-day pattern with no modifier" with OK Button! The ACT tech suggested to save an empty copy of the database so to copy the contacts to the new blank database. Attempted and the following error is displayed "The spcified location for your copy database is invalid. A database muct be copied on your drive on your machine"

and it is being copyed to the same C: drive on the same PC. Any help would be greately appreciated

Abrel

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot schedule beyond 2009. Error message

Hello Abrel,

Does this same error occur in the demo database (ACT10Demo) or in a new database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Any luck resolving this? I'm having same error message (Error: Invalid recur spec.  Monthly named-day pattern with no Modifier), but I'm getting the message just opening my calendar (and seeing none of my calendar entries, unfortunately - they all seemed to disappear!).  Let me know if you found a fix for yours - thanks! 

clay@lyonbuilt.com

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Clay,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I'll ask you the same question I asked the original poster. Does this error also occur in the demo database? This will help determine if the issue is database-specific.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

Thanks for the reply.  I can see calendar items in the demo but not my database.

It's funny - at times I've been able to see tasks related to the calendar in my orig. database (but can't now), and can see activities in my Activities tabs under contact records related to dates on the calendar, but they just don't show up in the Calendar.  I have nothing filtered out - all is viewable in the calendar to the best of my knowledge...

I just reopened my database and the same error pops up.

Below I'm pasting in a description of steps I've taken and what's happened during those steps - don't know if it's useful...

"

Getting error message in dialogue box:

Error: Invalid recur spec.  Monthly named-day pattern with no Modifier.

Prior to getting this I was going through my task list and alarms and deleting / checking off activities.  Application stumbled on a few and got stuck, so I had to shut down the application from the Task Manager…

Then opened it back up.  At first, it gave Error message and all calendar items disappeared, but there still existed the alarms with calendar items and the task list with calendar items.

Then I backed up file, closed Alarms and application, and re-opened - no calendar items or task lists appeared.

Closed again and reopened and immed hit ‘Activities’ tab under my name Clay Lyon, and it shows all my dated activities (lots of em) but an error came up as stated above.

Later hit ok to clear error and remove box, then selected a random scheduled activity and clicked it and it opened just fine…  Proceeded by clearing out more of those activities in my record to catch up to date (about 30 past due activities)…

On contact list, there are 3642 entries.  I’ve added one named test test on 2/3/10 at 8:30am.  Now it shows 3643.

Clicked on calendar again and nothing there still.

Then clicked on Task list: app got stuck briefly, but finally came up seemingly empty.  I then attempted to add an activity but it got stuck and gave me same error above.  I clicked to close error and did so = was not successful adding an item in Tasks.

Tried demo database: could view calendar items there and manipulate them.

Attempted to add a Calendar item several times -  it appears to work but nothing actually shows up in Calendar view.

Back to my database – opened and received the same error.

"

I tried another approach: added several items to my now-blank calendar.  After seemingly doing so successfully, they don't show up on calendar, but DO show up on my Activities tab under my record.  That works with others too - if I set up a Calendar item for a particular contact, it'll show up under the Contact record in the Activities tab but not on the calendar.  That tells me the database is storing it but the Calendar has some kind of hiccup in it and can't show anything...  Makes sense?
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm having sort of the same problem with my calendar in ACT as well.

I've used ACT now for the last 4 years and when looking to schedule some appointments and follow-ups for 2011, I cannot.  Why is this?  We're less than three weeks away from 2011 and I've looked everywhere to try and fix this issue.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Oh and this is not in the Demo Database either.

Anytime you call into ACT they want to charge for this and that.  Its rediculas.  Especially for those of us that have been with ACT for so long and have multiple users.