Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot "Start Syncs Service" if "Accept incoming Syncs" is actived

Cannot "Start Syncs Service" if "Accept incoming Syncs" is actived

Hi All

I have just installed ACT! Premium 2008 version 10.0.3.182 hotfix 1. I read and install Server and ACT! syns carefully. I have a problem as follow:

• If the " accept incoming  Syncs" is actived, The "Start Syncs Service" can not start . The error will appear: "Could not start syncs serve. ACT! has encountered an error, please check that the syncs server port is able to listen for imcoming connections. Contact administrator or assistance"
  • If The "start syncs service" is run. The " accept incoming Syncs can not actived and the error will appea

Please help me !

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot "Start Syncs Service" if "Accept incoming Syncs" is actived

That's called working as designed. The standard version does not have the sync server and the Accept Incoming Syncs must be On and the ACT! program open to the correct database. The sync server works directly with the database in SQL and does not need ACT! to be running to do the sync but Accept Incoming Syncs needs to be Off so the sync server can take over.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank for your help.

I have already check again and only one Laptop can Syns. Our license is 12 users. After I change sharing folder information on server machine. This laptop cannot sync. And then I set "full control" for sharing attribute for this user. But now, there are not user can syns. the same error is still appeared

What can I do now?

I believe you are having a timeout problem. I've seen the same problem when I set up sync via a VPN connection. It seems to be caused by the speed of the internet connection. Unfortunately the fix requires changing the timeout values that are in a config file. I hesitate to list the file or the edits in an open forum like this. I suggest that you send be a private message.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you for your help

We synchronize user and server by Lan network. The database is shared the same authority for all user. But there is one laptop can Syns. This laptop can sync with other user

Note:
  • All user can run online
  • Firewall is turn off
  • Syns Port : 65100

Ngo Van Quoc

Email: ngvquoc@gmail.com