Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot locate ACT! Layout Designer

Cannot locate ACT! Layout Designer

Hi, I hope I am posting in the right section.  This may be very simple to answer, but I cannot activate ACT! Layout Designer to start customisation.  We are using ACT! 2010 Premium Edition, I have checked and my user status is Administration, but going to the tools menu I have no option to launch the Layout Designer.  Please could anyone assist or direct me to the right place, I have gone from the Welcome page then to Tools to try and find this.

many thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Cannot locate ACT! Layout Designer

Not sure why you would not have it under Tools, but if you go to a detail view, like the Contact Detail view you should see a command named Modify Layout in the Navigation Bar on the left of your screen under Related Tasks.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms

Hi Gilles and thank you for your reply.  I do not have Modify layout as an option under related tasks on the left hand side.  The options I have are View all contacts, Write Letter, Attach File, Print current screen, Schedule Activities Series, Add contact to group, Relate to another contact, View groups/companies, Link contact to company + Run Smart Task.

I am wondering if my Administration status has not been set-up to allow me to do any customisation options - would that make sense? Many thanks again, Emma

Nickel Contributor

Hi Emma,

If you're not sure you're an administrator or manager of the db, then it might be the problem...

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms

Thank you Gilles, I will touch base with the company who have set this side up for us

kind regards

Emma

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hi Mike, many thanks for your reply.  Under the tools menu at the top is:

Spelling

Sort

Customise columns

Export to excel (which is greyed out)

Synchronie with outlook

preference

print

colour scheme

I was expecting a lot more in order to be able to customise etc.

kind regards

Emma

Silver Contributor

Any chance you are using ACT for Web? Customization of layouts and defionation of fields must be done with the ACT desktop client and are not available with ACT for Web.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi Jon, many thanks for your reply.  I think you may have just hit the nail on the head.  I have just gone into my version and in the header it says Sage ACT! Premium Web.  Does this mean that we are not able to customise the web version at all, only a desktop version?

kind regards

Emma

Platinum Elite Contributor