Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot load Act.Shared.Utilities

Cannot load Act.Shared.Utilities

[ Edited ]

Hello!

I'm having trouble with Act!2009 on Windows Vista. I installed the software on a workstation I inherited from another employee when he got a new machine. I was able to get into Act! when I first installed it on the machine, but then did the update and now cannot get into the program. Act! does not even get to the splash screen before crashing and there is no error message when I launch the program. However, whenever I boot the machine I get the following error:

Act.Outlook.Service

Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Shared. Utilities, Verion=11.0.367.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I believe that I have the same error outlined here:

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Update-to-ACT-10-0-3-and-ACT-fails-to-start/td-p/16984

The solution for that user to was to completely uninstall Act! and then install the latest full version instead of updating. Might that work here and, if so, would an admin please PM me a link to download the full installation? If not, please advise on the next steps I might take.

Thanks in advance!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot load Act.Shared.Utilities

Hello AlexG2490,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Please check your Private Notes for a link to download the updated installation files.

Greg Martin
Sage