Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot install Outlook Integration Components, Act 10

Cannot install Outlook Integration Components, Act 10

Hi,

I have ACT 10 /APFW 2008 Running on Win 2008 Server. The Website is configured and Web Client Access is working fine.

However, when I select Tools-Preferences-Email and then click on the Download Button, I get a popup page with url = apfw\preferences\download.aspx and this page hangs, and I cannot download the Outlook Integration Plugin.

Couldn't find the reason from the IIS Logs.

Appreciate any help on this.

TIA

Karthik

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Cannot install Outlook Integration Components, Act 10

Karthik,

I'm not entirely sure if this is the right process and it's a couple of versions back, but I think when you do that, ACT! for Web runs a process on the server called absolute.exe (that's the name I remember, it might differ) and if you kill it (might also need to restart IIS) it should work for you.

Others please chime in but I think that was an issue that happened occasionally with 2008.

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

Hi Ikamerman,

Thanks for the reply. Every time the page hangs, there is an instance of absolute.exe that is left orphaned. I found and killed all the processes, and restarted IIS.

My problem, however, is not solved. I still can't get the integration piece installed. The page hangs, and a new absolute.exe is created on the webserver. Is this because I have it on Win 2008 and IIS 7? I guess Act2008 was ok on Win 2003, IIS6.

TIA

Karthik

Same issue here but we are running APFW 9.01 on Server 2003...has there been any resolution to this?