Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'.

Copper Contributor

Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'.

Got this error when attempting to do a backup.

This page provides how to fix it -- http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141

Step 3 requires the download of SQL2008R2_Express_BackupFix.bat

Where do I find this file - it is not obvious from the instructions where to locate this file.

Can anyone please help?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'.

The link to download it is at the bottom of the KB article that you reference in your post.

Phillip R. Price
ACT! Certified Consultant
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'.

Thank you - found the file and ran it but got this back - not sure what to make of it. I couldnt expand the window to get the full message.

sql image.png

Copper Elite Contributor

The User Account Controls are likely interfering.  Right-click and Run as Administrator should solve the problem.

Phillip R. Price
Automated Sales Tools, LLC
http://www.automatedsalestools.com
Phone: 1-866-915-9399
Copper Contributor

Thank you - that did the trick.

I appreciate the help.

Avid Listener

The kb article says to run a file to fix this problem.

1. Can anyone tell me what the file does?

2. I assume this file should be run on the server, although it doesn't really say.  Since, I'm having a sync problem, it sounds like maybe it should be run on the workstation. 

Kevin Varnon
ClientTrax CRM
Kansas City
(785) 408-3702
kevin@clienttrax.com

Hi,

I also have ACT 2012 and for whatever reason, when I try to backup my data I get the same error message, Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id......Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid7 due to error 2601. I read some of the blogs and followed the quick fix instructions, which did not work. Ialso right clicked on as an administrator which still didn't work. I also and even reinstalled the ACT software and still get the same error message. Can anyone help?

Tuned Listener

I had the same problem., just started today and Service Pack 3 is currently installing.  Does the machine need to be restarted to complete the update?

Silver Super Contributor

You don't need to reboot after installing SQL 2008 R2 SP3.  You also need to run the macro that was included in the KB article.  You won't need to reboot after running the macro either.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Tuned Listener

Thanks. 

I had not run the batch file at first. The first time I ran it, it didn't fix it, but the second time it did.

Would anyone please explain why this error occurred all of a sudden. I've been doing weekly backups for several months.