Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot insert duplicate key in row in object 'sys.syscommittab' ...

Cannot insert duplicate key in row in object 'sys.syscommittab' ...

Hi

One of our 2 remote databases was having issues synchronising with our main database so I have just successfully run through the solution in:  http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141/kw/duplicate%20key on that remote database and also the main database as instructed.  Smiley Happy

My issue is that my laptop containing the 2nd remote database also contains a remote database for another company I work for.  The instructions in the Answer ID 28141 indicate that every remote database plus the main database need to be running exactly the same SQL Server hotfixes etc.  If I run ID 28141 on my laptop to fix my local company database issue, I am concerned this would affect synchronisation with the other company main database I synchronise with as it is probably not running the same SQL Server hotfix.

Is this correct?  Obviously I don't want to risk damage to the other company's main database at all ...

Kind regards

Caroline

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot insert duplicate key in row in object 'sys.syscommittab' ...

Hi Caroline,

we do have customers that did see the same issue, and they only updated the  involved Server & workstations with the error, this did fix the issue, and not all pc´s did run this fix.

in any case it is good to deploy this on all pc´s and Servers envolved but we found that it also works when installed on the pc´s that show the issue... (without updating  other clients envolved in the sync)

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Re: Cannot insert duplicate key in row in object 'sys.syscommittab' ...

Thanks very much for your help.  I have just backed up the server database and then done a sync from my remote database on my non-updated laptop.  It has completed successfully.

I forgot to mention before I am using Act! Premium Version 16.0.291.0, Hot Fix 4.

Thank you!

Caroline Smiley Happy