Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot find database supplemental files folder xxxxx-database files in this location. On one out of three remote users

Cannot find database supplemental files folder xxxxx-database files in this location. On one out of three remote users

Hello,

I just installed ACT Premium 2011 on a user’s laptop and set up their VPN so they can access the Database. I did this on a total of three laptops. All running windows 7. On only one I am getting the error

"Cannot find database supplemental files folder xxxxx-database files in this location xxxxx. This could be problem with the share, or the folder may not exist. Please contact the administrator of your database"

I have the Host name set as the IP address in the .PAD file on the computer and it works for everyone else remotely. The database is shared. I have disabled the Windows Firewall, still not opening it up. It comes up asking for a username and password, the accepts it when the correct credentials are entered. But will not open up that database.

Any thoughts?

Re: Cannot find database supplemental files folder xxxxx-database files in this location. On one out of three remote users

I have searched a bunch of threads on here and all seem to have the same response....

Which is a link to this page http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19876

That does not help me, I have checked everything on that page, and I know it’s not with the database, because me among others are accessing it remotely fine.

What other things on his computer besides disabling the antivirus, the firewall, and verifying the .PAD file is correct should I check? Should I uninstall and reinstall ACT?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot find database supplemental files folder xxxxx-database files in this location. On one out of three remote users

Hello Jholso,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Did you change to using the IP address for the Datastore, after changing the IP address in the PAD? The steps are in article 19876, right after changing the PAD.
Greg Martin
Sage

I have not, but I don't understand why that would affect one out of many people that use the database remotely...

Alright so I changed the datastore location, and it worked. He was able to connect.

Thing is, noone else was able to connect after that, even though I changed everyones .PAD file to match his. And to match the IP address of the data store location.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hmm... that is odd. That tells me that this one computer is not resolving network information (host name or IP) in the same manner as the others.

Things to look for to help isolate the issue (Windows user or computer specific):
- Is there anything different about this particular computer (ex: uses wi-fi vs. cable)?
- If you sign onto the 'problem' computer using a different Windows username, is it able to access the database?
- If you sign onto a different computer with the 'problem' Windows username, are you able to access the database?

Greg Martin
Sage

Things to look for to help isolate the issue (Windows user or computer specific):
- Is there anything different about this particular computer (ex: uses wi-fi vs. cable)?  - With the ones that work remotley, it is a mixture of the two. Some use their WIFI connection, some use a a hard cable connection.
- If you sign onto the 'problem' computer using a different Windows username, is it able to access the database? - I will try this today and report back.
- If you sign onto a different computer with the 'problem' Windows username, are you able to access the database? - I can access the ACT database remotley using the problem ACT username, I do not have his Windows user account set up on any other computer but his own.

I logged in using the hidden Admin account on the laptop and ried to access it, still would not work.

He is going to try taking the laptop from another location to see if its the network.

Ok, so he tried it on another network and a different ISP provider still not working. There has to be something about his computer causing this. Any idea what it could be?