Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot duplicate a record in ACT! 2008 Premium for Workgoups

Cannot duplicate a record in ACT! 2008 Premium for Workgoups

Hello -

I am an adminstrator in our main database. One of my employees, who is a standard user could not duplicate a record. It let him go through all of the steps, including entering in all of the new contact information, etc. and when it was complete and he moved to a new record the duplicate disappeared, even when you did I look-up. I also tried to search for it as well and could not find it. I tried to duplicate a record and it did the same thing to me? This has happened on several records. All of our records are assigned security, however I have any new records to be created as public records in the record creation settings.

Could someone please help! Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Cannot duplicate a record in ACT! 2008 Premium for Workgoups

[ Edited ]

Part of your question confused me, specifically when you wrote "when he moved to a new record the duplicate disappeared". The "duplicate contact" function is designed to work within an existing contact record to create a new contact, not from a blank new contact record.

Did I misunderstand your question, or is he trying to duplicate a blank contact record?

Message Edited by Kquigley on 12-21-2008 10:23 AM
Ken Quigley, BA, MCSE, ACC, APT
Toronto, Ontario
www.keystroke.ca

Re: Cannot duplicate a record in ACT! 2008 Premium for Workgoups

I'm sorry. Yes I understand the function. However when you create a duplicate record it will leave the contact name blank. He added it, etc. but it will not retain the information and ACT! will not find the record. I even searched in create date and it didn't show up.