Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot create empty database

Cannot create empty database

I am running ACT 2009 on Windows 7 (32bit).  I've had no issues until I found a contact that is missing the Record Manager.  Apparently the Record Manager was deleted and now I cannot assign a new record manager.  As I cannot delete the record without a Record Manager, I thought I would create and empty database and import all of the records except for the one without the Record Manager.  When I try to create the empty database, I get the following message:  "The specified location for your copy database is invalid. A database must be copied on a drive on your machine.”   I can create a copy of the database with no issues.

I have tested ACT11Demo to see if I can create an empty database and I had no problems.

I have run all of the repairs and fixes that I can find in the software.

I would prefer to be able to fix the corrupted contact record.  Any help will be appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot create empty database

ACT! 2009 hasn't been tested for running on Windows 7 and I have seen similar problems trying to run ACT! 2009 on Windows 7.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I understand; however, why did the create empty database work when I use ACT11Demo?

Is there any way to delete the record without a Record Manager?

Platinum Elite Contributor

No idea. I've seen things work on one system and not on another.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129