Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot create a new contact via iPad

Copper Contributor

Cannot create a new contact via iPad

Hello,

We are using ACT2013 web version on our server where we can login with our iPads. Everything is working fine but the only problem that we are facing is that we cannot create a new contact. If we type in the name and company of the new contact it logs you out and gives a error.

When I'm using the ACT demo database and I log in with Chris Huffman I can create a new contact without any problem.

I also created a empty backup of our database and tried to add an new contact, but without success. I created a new empty database and it worked perfect.

I searched al the fields to so if they need to be file in, but everything is on off. Now I think that the problem is that our database is converted to many times, because we started with ACT in 2005 than 2007 than 2010 and now 2013, every time the database needed to be converted.

Is there a tool or somebody that maybe has an solution for this problem? If I don't get this fixed we need to create a complete new database!

Robatech
Oscar
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot create a new contact via iPad

Your troubleshooting certainly indicates the issue is database specific. Have you checked for any contact fields that may have 'allow blank' disabled?
Test your fields by creating a new layout, only adding the Contact field. Access the test layout and attempt to create a new contact - success or fail? If successful, add a set of fields to it and test again. Continue to failure to isolate the problem field.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot create a new contact via iPad

Hello Greg, thank you for your reply. I created a new layout but I don't know what you mean by testing it by adding the contact fields. I copied the database to a new database without data. Also in this database I cannot create a new person and if I remove al the fields at the iPad al the fields are shown. Can you explain a little more what I must do to test the fields?

Thanks in advance.

Oscar