02-05-2014 07:51 PM - edited 02-06-2014 06:45 AM
Cannot create Duplicate Record - results in Blank record - Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 126.96.36.199
Contacts / Duplicate Contact does not work.
I see others have had this same issue, but I cannot find anything to resolve this issue. I have spent hours working on it.
Have run the actdiag/rebuild options/ deleted preferences fodler, etc..
Any help greatly appreciated.
Now I cant even create the blank record, i get a msg
The changes you made to this record affect the lookup/sort criteria.
To continue working with the record, the ALL Lookup will be restored.
Would you like to continue working with this record? y n
Chosing yes, still yields No record creation at all.
02-11-2014 09:10 AM
The only reason you should be getting the message that you're getting is if you're trying to create a record after creating a lookup and the record you are trying to create (or in this case, since it's coming up blank) does not meet the criteria of the lookup you created. Are you duplicating this record from the "All Lookup" or have you performed a lookup prior to the creation?
Does this happen for every contact that you try to do it with? Additionally does this happen in the demo database? Is it a multi user database? If so, does everyone have the same issue?
02-11-2014 09:28 AM - edited 02-11-2014 09:33 AM
Thank you for your feedback.
the only records with prob are those that get imported into my fill staff (save as empty copy)db from another act! 2013 prem db
any newly created contact records can easily be duplicated.
I was able to speak with Swiftpage this am and at present we are both suspecting a import/export field mismatch of some sort?
If we export to a txt tab delimited file, then import into the fill staff save empty copy as db, then all is good.
But wyen we try to export 56k contact record from source act2013 prem db to txt file, he only ends up with around 1400 contact records instead of 56k records. Else we could resolve issue.
At present we are waiting on customer to provide myself and Swiftpage with copy of his good act2013 prem db backup, and a copy of his new custom fill staff db backup and copy of his map file. Swiftpage says no prob to export 56k records to txt file.
If Swiftpage can successfully export ALL of his 56k records to txt file, then we should be able to resolve current problem.
Customer wants to keep his notes - does not need his history info.
Demo databases are ok.
Again This prob exist only for imported records and not newly created records..
I am concerned that perhaps a field mismatch such as a phone field FORMAT may be mismatching?
Doesnt seem to matter if multi or single user? Customer is multi user share db. Not using remote db.
I have emailed Greg and Amber at Swiftpage some of the key info they will need.
Any other thoughts? Thank you again for your assist. FSB
02-13-2014 08:57 AM
You might want to check exporting just a few of the imported records to txt or Excel. And then check by pasting the export into Word (showing non printing characters - the paragraph tool button), and see if there are any spaces or "carriage returns" which might mess things up.
You also might look at http://www.asap-utilities.com/ - a very helpful Excel addon which cleans up a host of stuff that is not visible.
09-09-2016 12:08 PM
I just had the same problem.
Tried to duplicate a record including all fields - didn't work - just got blank record
Tried to duplicate a record including only primary fields - worked
-I realized that I had recently added a new field (it was a yes nn field - not sure that that matters). Deleted that field.
-In the process I found out that I had invalid characters in old field names so I fixed them too.
Lost functionality is back.
Not sure which process actually fixed the issue.
More testing to come.
Hope this helps someone else that's pulling their hair out.
09-15-2016 03:16 AM
Had this a while back and from memory found some fields with only from drop down was trying to import non matching information. Change the only from drop down on all fields and import worked OK.