Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot change drop-down list

Copper Contributor

Cannot change drop-down list

v. 12.1.181.0. Custom field, drop-down list.

It does not accept all of the records that I enter when I define it (15) only about 7 show up. Cannot later enter more with edit. They don't show up.

Recreate the field.

Same thing happens.

What's wrong with Act this time?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot change drop-down list

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Does this also happen in the Demo database (ACT2010Demo) as well? You can also try running maintenance on your database by going to Tools/Database Maintenance/Check & Repair (check both the repair and reindex options).

Message Edited by ghollister on 02-25-2010 12:36 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Not so curiously, Act failed to deploy the 2012 demo database. It isn't on my computer (this is a common bug in the install routine). Do you have a packed demo that you can send me, and I'll try.

I created a new database, just to try, and I had the same problem. The list was 10 long, when I opened it the first time it had only 5 of the records I created. i was unable to add more records.

It actually appears that what you are describing is a known issue of the initial release of SP 1 for ACT! 2010. This service release was retracted shortly after it was released to correct this and other issues. There will be a hotfix released soon that will correct this, as well as a re-release of the corrected service pack. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Is there any way to go back to the original release with hotfix 4? I noticed that act refuses to read the database from the orginal release as coming from an "earlier version"?

Unfortunately, you cannot downgrade a database once it has been upgraded. You would have to restore a backup prior to the update, thereby losing any data you entered in after the update was applied. The hotfix I mentioned should be available very soon.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Is there a hotfix number, and a notification list that I can be put on?

The hotfix will be "ACT! 2010 SP1 Hot Fix 1". Unfortunately, we don't have a notification list that I am aware of, but the hotfix will be available in a Knowledgebase article as soon as it's released. Just check the Knowledgebase starting tomorrow sometime.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Did you really mean that the hotfix will be up today?

No, I'm actually not sure of the exact date. What I meant was to start checking daily starting today. More than likely it should be out sometime next week barring any additional issues.

Greig Hollister