Highlighted

Re: Cannot backup ACT2012

Mike,

I get the same error if I do right click and run as admin

Act_error_0320.jpg

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Robert,

Can you open any other databases and back them up?

Try opening the demo database, and see if you can back that one up

Thanks,

Kurt Rosemann

Platinum Act! Consultants
Kurt@ActiveSales.net | www.ActiveSales.net | 877-569-8005
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Robert,

The error you are getting may be due to a problem with SQL password. You may be able to resolve this by running the FallbackSQLPwdReset.bat. file that is found in the Dependencies folder in your ACT! installation disk or download. Copy this file to the ACT! install directory at C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows and run it from there. I have attached the file for your convenience. Just save the file to your computer and change the file extension from ".txt" to ".bat", put in the ACT! install directory and run it. Then try running the batch file.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hadn't noticed that file before ... is it the same as "Reset SQL Password" in ACTDIAG?

Does the same, plus runs the SecurityCmdLnApp.exe, which is in the ACT! program directory.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

after I ran the bat file. As instructed, I inputted services.msc at the start button. The list that came up had no items labeled SQL server (act7) nothing even close to it. Please advice. Also, when you respond please let me know if intend need to repeat any of the previous items. I do intend to keep using ACT in the mean time.

I do have SQL MS SQL server 2008-express 64 bit.

After I sent you the email I started ACT and was able to backup and also do a Check and repair, which I couldn't do before! However, as I said before, I could not find SQL server ACT7 in the start window, therefore never finished the last step of right clicking and restarting as the fix suggested. what do you think?

If ACT! can open a database on your local PC, it must be there (in Services.msc, not the Start menu)

But looks like you're running ok now ....