Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Open Templates

Loyal Listener

Cannot Open Templates

After installing SP1 on several machines we cannot open templates unless we close Word, close Act! Relaunch Act!

Again this issue appeared after the install of SP1

What could be preventing the templates from opening?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Open Templates

What happens when you try to open the templates? Is there an error message?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

The error is: The message filter indicated that the application is busy

Lori

Platinum Elite Contributor

Lori,

This error could be caused by an antivirus plug-in in Word interfering with the integration with ACT!. You would need to disable this plug-in. Please see the following Knowledgebase article:

Error: "Message filter indicated that the application is busy."

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

Thank you for the reply.

We are running Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5, which I do not believe has a Word Addin.

I went in to Manage Addins and do not see any that reference Symantec or Antivirus. I will check with Symantec just to be sure.

As a side note-Reading through the Antivirus information I found there were a few files not on our exclusion list. I read through the knowledge base and added anything that wasn't already setup.

Any other ideas?

Loyal Listener

The reply from Symantec: Regarding the question about the add in. Symantec does not install any add in for word.

We do have an add-in for our fax software. To test we will disable that add-in and see if the trouble persists or not.

Lori