Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Connect to Web Server - Sage Act Premium for Web

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Cannot Connect to Web Server - Sage Act Premium for Web

Hi all,

I recently did an upgrade to Act Premium for Web 2012 and I am struggling with setting up the web server. All tests worked fine. I have a static IP. I just can't seem to figure out a way to connect to the "website" on the server which clearly exists when I use the IIS manager. I can access Act for Web via localhost/APFW no problem.

I am running this on a Windows 7 Pro XP box with a Cisco wireless router. All networked hardware connected through an enterprise switch and cable modem for internet.

When I use the static IP address I am redirected to my router admin panel. I have no idea how to bypass this and get to the login for Act.

Should I be configuring something on my router to redirect to the the webserver in some way?

Thanks for your help.

Jason

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Cannot Connect to Web Server - Sage Act Premium for Web

You have to configure port forwarding on your router so that trafic that enters the router through your static external (WAN) IP on port 80 gets redirected to the internal (LAN) IP of the PC Act For Web is running on.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

You have to configure port forwarding on your router so that trafic that enters the router through your static external (WAN) IP on port 80 gets redirected to the internal (LAN) IP of the PC Act For Web is running on.

Thank you! That worked perfectly Smiley Happy

Jason