Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Auto-Attach Emails to ACT!

Cannot Auto-Attach Emails to ACT!

[ Edited ]

I am using ACT! 2009 Premium on Windows 7, 64-bit. It is working fine except that I cannot auto-attach emails. Everytime I set up a rule about incoming/outgong messages, and a message comes in or goes out, Outlook stops working and closes.

There are no "Action Values" for the rule. When I try to add "Action Values" within the rule, Outlook stops working and closes.

When I delete/turn off the rules. Outlook works fine.

When I Quick Attach (multiple emails), no problem.....emails are attached.

Anyone have suggestions or a fix for this issue? Thank you.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Cannot Auto-Attach Emails to ACT!

Here is an article detailing the steps for creating a rule for in-bound emails, use it to verify the setup of your Outlook rule: KB Article 23020

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you.

I am setting up the rule correctly, but for some reason Outlook is not adding action values. When I try to edit that field, Outlook stops working.

[ Edited ]

I have removed the database, re attached it. I am following the correct steps for everything but no luck. The problem seems to be the "Action Values" in the rule are NOT there. If I hit "Change" in order to add them, Outlook stops working and shuts down.

The plot thickens.....

Now, when I go into Safe Mode a open Outlook, I get the message "The ACT! Address book service is not properly configured, or the configured database XXX.pad is locked. Do you want to configure it now".

I click "Yes" but nothing happens. It just throws me back into the dialog box for adding/removing databases.

Any suggestions?

I don't believe the problem of Outlook giving the message about the ACT! Address Book while in Safe Mode is a symptom of the original issue.  It is most likely due to the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service not running. To start the service: KB Article 28216

I haven't been able to find any reason for the problem you are experiencing.  What version of Office are you running?  Can you create a rule to move emails to a folder within Outlook?

Have you tried a repair of the Office program? 

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

The SQl service is/has been running during this problem. I am using Outlook 2007 and I have run scanpst.exe. I can transfer emails to a folder within Outlook with no problem by setting up rules.

What I don't get is why there are no Action Values for the auto-attach. There should be, and when I try to change that field, Outlook stiops working and shuts down. That seems rather odd and a clue as to what is wrong.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Sage ACT!? So that it can re-insert its add-ins for Outlook.
Greg Martin
Sage

Yes, I have reinstalled several times.

When I reinstall, I get the message:

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Setup

------------------------------

An instance with the same name is already installed on this computer. To proceed with SQL Server Setup, provide a unique instance name.

However, installation procedes smoothly and everything works except the auto-attach.