Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot Always close ACT! alarm window

Astute Commentator

Cannot Always close ACT! alarm window

[ Edited ]

I'm using Act! Premium Version 18.1.103.0, Update 3 on Windows 10 Pro

After I read a reminder in the pop-up alarm window and click on the button to select the next step (Select All, Snooze, Clear Alarm, Reschedule or Go To), the pop-up window usually remains on my screen. I cannot make the window disappear even after I click on one of the above choices. I even the X on the upper-right hand corner of the window to close it and it won't close.

On many occasions, I must shut down ACT! and restart it to get the window to disappear.
Other than this problem, ACT! is working well.
Do any of you know how to rectify this persistent problem?

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot Always close ACT! alarm window

Try to delete your ACT! preferences on the PC having that problem.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Administrator

Hi juliansdad,

To expand on the suggestion above, rebuilding the preferences of the installation where this issue is occurring can be done by following the steps under the heading "Manually Rebuilding the Preferences" in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

I would also suggest updating Act to the latest available version (Currently v18.2, update 4). You can find the update here: https://www.act.com/resources/downloads/act-premium-v18 (the update you'll need is Act! Premium v18 SP2 Update - US).
Astute Commentator

Thanks for your suggestions, Gary.  Unfortunately, the instructions on the page you sent to me advise me to install no upgrades until Swiftpage gives me the green light:

"If you are an Act! Premium Cloud Offline Client user, do not upgrade the Act! software until you have been specifically notified to do so. Doing so will disable your synchronization service. You will receive communications from Swiftpage on when to expect your migration."   

Additionally, I checked for updates a couple of days ago and my ACT! updater said that I'm current.  So I don't even think my software would accept an update even if I attempted to install it.

I'm going to work on manually rebuilding the preferences this weekend and appreciate your help.

Astute Commentator

Thanks. I'll try that.