Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you export Notes tab?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can you export Notes tab?

I am wondering if it is possible to export the Notes tab on a contact's record when exporting the DB. I do not see that field as an option and it is not a column available on a lookup, so i am wondering if there is any way for it to be exported?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎05-02-2018 09:35 AM
Employee

Re: Can you export Notes tab?

You can export your ACT! contact information to a text delimited file for use in other programs. When exporting to a text delimited file, only Contact, Group, or Company records can be exported. Available information includes all of the fields in your Database, such as Contact, Company, Address and so forth. Data from other portions of the ACT! contact record such as Notes, Histories, Secondary Contacts, and Documents are NOT available for export into a text delimited file.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author topaz99
‎05-02-2018 09:35 AM
Employee

You can export your ACT! contact information to a text delimited file for use in other programs. When exporting to a text delimited file, only Contact, Group, or Company records can be exported. Available information includes all of the fields in your Database, such as Contact, Company, Address and so forth. Data from other portions of the ACT! contact record such as Notes, Histories, Secondary Contacts, and Documents are NOT available for export into a text delimited file.

Copper Contributor

This requires third party apps since the notes are encoded with RTF wrappers.  So, if you want to Excel via ODBC or SSMS (SQL Studio). the notes would look weird.  The RTF wrappers enable the colors and font changes users like.

I help clients configure this; then, I help people get that notes table to Excel as you need them.

https://www.mondocrm.com/product/topline-dash-manager-edition/

Mark Mondo

http://www.mondocrm.com/act-consultant-chicago/

Bronze Elite Contributor

You could look at Export|IT from CRMaddon...

https://www.crmaddon.com/en/export-it.html?cur=2

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Super Contributor

Act! does not give you a way to extract notes easily, or with IDs to link back to other tables like contacts or opportunities,  Notes can be linked to 4 different top level objects in Act! :   Companies, Contacts, Groups, or Opportunities,    there is NO way to do an extract of notes or history using the Act! user interface.  

However, we wrote an import/export tool over 15 years ago that does import to and export from of all the major Act! tables including custom tables, with their IDs to link them together,.  Call me for more info.  I have  25+ years experience with Act! and data imports/exports. 

We sell a tool (OAK!Merge)  you can use to extract notes AND transform the RTF format in the Notes details field to plain text.   If you extract the raw notes, you get a bunch of rich text formatting codes (RTF) in the details field., This is how Act! does Bold, underline and fonts....  If you are going to other systems, you will probably need plan text, not RTF text.  OAK!merge does this extract and transformation.  OAK!Merge includes many transformations, including a RTF to plain text. 

You can download a free trial and export some test info from your database .  Visit www.OAKMerge.com for more info or watch a video on You Tube at www.youtube.com/user/ScubaALAN890

Regards,

Alan Lee

1st ACC and still standing

www.OAKMerge.com

1-847-352-4770