Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can you Link the Opportunity List to the Calendar in ACT?

Can you Link the Opportunity List to the Calendar in ACT?

I was wondering if it is possible to link the opportunities that you have in your opportunity list to the calendar in ACT? I know that you can link up outlook calendars and ACT calendars but I really want my opportunities to show up on my ACT calendar. Is that possible?

Nickel Contributor

Re: Can you Link the Opportunity List to the Calendar in ACT?

No you can't do this.

But you can have an activity placed in your calendar that relates to a specific opportunity. With an opportunity open, you will see a "Follow Up.." button in the bottom left hand corner. If you select this you can add an activity (To-Do, Call etc) into your schedule and the "Regarding" field is autocompleted with the Opportunity Name, and stage in the sales process. The activity is linked to the contact / company that the Opportunity is for. 

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

You can accomplish this in the upcoming ACT! 2010 release.  In ACT! 2010, you can create activities for your opportunities.

You can find additional information in Larry Ritter's blog post -Take a Test Drive of ACT! 2010

Nickel Contributor

That's true - but the activity still needs to be linked to a contact. So, is this very different from usign the Follow Up button from within an Opportunity using ACT 2009?
Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk
Jmo
Astute Commentator

I find it extremely odd that an "Opportunity" tracking system does NOT automatically either go on the ACT! calendar OR have its own calendar. The list view of dates does me no good. I can't imagine how you are supposed to track your opportunities without looking at a calendar. (yes, I can create a dashboard, yes I can run a report) but really, isn't that counter-intuitive?

I've added a custom toolbar with the activity I use at the top. I created a "shipment" activity, and then added an icon for it on the custom toolbar. I hated right-clinking "activity", then "other" then changing from "personal activity" yada yada yada. Or just add a regular activity icon.

Note: add your contact to the opportunity before you schedule your activity. The contact will automatically pop up in the activity window.