Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can the Remember Password checkbox be removed or disabled on the logon screen

Can the Remember Password checkbox be removed or disabled on the logon screen

Is there a way to remove or disable the Remember Password checkbox on the logon screen?  This is against our security policies.  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can the Remember Password checkbox be removed or disabled on the logon screen

Not an option in ACT!.

I know the last user is in the Registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Act\ - I assume the password and/or checkbox would also be somewhere in the registry, but not sure where off the top of my head.

I think I heard Greg from http://www.designr1.com has a little toy which removes the "Remember Password" checkbox and ensures that the password field is blank every time the window shows up.  It's called SecuR1. Maybe give them a call and ask - if you do, tell Greg I said hi.

Re: Can the Remember Password checkbox be removed or disabled on the logon screen

Thanks for the information.  I didn't see a key in the registry for the password or checkbox.  I'll probably wait to do anything further on this until we upgrade.

Elizabeth Ellis

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not yet.  I was told that it wasn't necessary at this time.  I may be in the future, however. 

Elizabeth Ellis