Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't view tpl files in ACT

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

Can't view tpl files in ACT

A couple months ago, we updated our hotifixes in ACT (premium 2001).  Since then I can't view the template file extentions  tpl,but I can see the files with the extensions that have adt.

The tpl templates do show when I view them from the desktop under the database template folder,  but once I'm in the ACT program, I can't view them. (I only have the ACT Templates for Microsoft Word.adt choice) Any ideas why they're not showing in my RDB, and how to get them on the pull down liste? The tpl files do appear on the main publisher's database.

My OS is Win 7. thanks, Judy

Judy

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACTJudyp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Can't view tpl files in ACT

Tpl files are associated with the ACT word precessor whild adt are associated with MS word.  Make sure that both machines are both utilizing the same word processor (under tools, preferences)

If you have a mix of tpl and adt, you may need to convert these to the word processor of your choice.

I believe this KB Article addresses this issue.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACTJudyp
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Silver Contributor

Re: Can't view tpl files in ACT

Tpl files are associated with the ACT word precessor whild adt are associated with MS word.  Make sure that both machines are both utilizing the same word processor (under tools, preferences)

If you have a mix of tpl and adt, you may need to convert these to the word processor of your choice.

I believe this KB Article addresses this issue.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider