Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't view First Name, Last Name after Import

Astute Commentator

Can't view First Name, Last Name after Import

I have just imported data and for some of the contacts, in the detailed view I can see the contact's name, but in a list view, the First Name and Last Name are blank.

I dont know what has occurred. Thank you for help. OMG Judy

Judy
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't view First Name, Last Name after Import

Hello Judy,
For those contacts where the First Name and Last Name columns are empty:
In the Detail view for that contact, click the button with the ellipses at the end of the contact name field. This will bring up a dialog box that shows how the name is parsed (first, middle,last). What is showing as first name and last name for these contacts?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Hi Greg,

Thank you for yoru reply. The dialog box doesn't automatically have the first and last names filled in. I will begin to manually correcting them now. Do you know if ther is a way around that  have the records auto correct themselves? (only 90 or so contacts, so manual is very do-able).

Thank you much!

Judy

Judy
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Greig, a personal question

(Assuming that the imported contacts are hundreds or thousands)

Can I import information directly to the first name (Field), middle name (Field) and Last name (Field) -instead-  importing information to the contact field?

Thanks...      Smiley Wink

[ Edited ]

Judy,
The best way to do this is to ensure that you either:
a) Have a properly structured full name in the Contact name column in your import file (no punctuation other than commas, only 1 space between first and last names)

OR
b) Have a separate column for first name and last name. These columns would have to exactly named First Name and Last Name so they will automatically map to the first name and last name fields in ACT!. These fields cannot be manually mapped.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

[ Edited ]

Juan,
Yes - see item b) in my above response to "ACT Judyp".

Greig Hollister