Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't update to Build 6

Tuned Listener

Can't update to Build 6

I am trying to update from Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5 to Update 6. I ahvebeen able to download and run the update, but Act still reports that I am on Update 5.

I am running Act as an Administrator, and the update shuts the program down as expected, but the update does not apparently complete.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can't update to Build 6

[ Edited ]

I also tried and this was my experience ... ( This test was in an Act! Premium 20.1 WEB )

The installer for the V20.1 PRO version is this ...  CLICK HERE

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

otra.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Anyway, it appears installed

7.jpg

Silver Super Contributor

So far none of the update 6s have taken on any machine for any client.

Tuned Listener

I ran the update again. At the end I got a message saying the update had failed, but it looks as though teh update has completed successfully:

Capture.JPG

Silver Super Contributor

Yes all are getting the failed message so no way of knowing what took and what did not even if version number updates.

Needs a fix.

Tuned Listener

If Swiftpage reads this forum, they REALLY need to issue a fix for this problem.

Tuned Listener

I should have phrased that better. They should fix the update problem whether they read this forum or not!

Administrator

Hi All,

We're aware of this issue and tracking the cause - it doesn't happen in all environments. I'd appreciate if you could provide your Windows versions, as well as which version you are upgrading from so we can try to identify a resolution as quickly as possible!

Our testing seems to show that where the "About Act!" page is updated, the update has been applied correctly and the error message has been shown incorrectly.

Thanksm

Tuned Listener

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit.

Here's what About says:

Capture.JPG

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Is everybody aware of the fact that the update needs to be run under an Windows-Administrator with the parameter "Run AS Administrator"?

I have not had the problem with the "fail message" so far (& have done around 20 manual updates).

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de