Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't uninstall Act, see the video I did

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Can't uninstall Act, see the video I did

Hi have you tried manually uninstalling act??
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38101/kw/Manually%20remove%20act

The previous installation must be detected coz of the registry keys! Check for registry key in hkey_current_user-> software-> act.

Take backup of registry and try renaming that key to old and give it a shot!
Highlighted

I dont have the folder ACT in the regitry

I tried to uninstall manually but there to much step to do tooooooo looooonnnnnggggggg

Untitled-1.jpg

Highlighted
Employee

Can you also please check in hkey local machine->software>act?? Or if it is 64bit machine check in hkey local machine->software->wow6432node->act and rename it to old and also rename the act files in program files/program files(x86) folder, plus clear the temp files by going to run->℅temp%
Highlighted
Employee

Hi,

Would like to know if it is working now! Are you able to install act??

Let us know on any improvements ..

Thank you
Highlighted

No sorry same message I have done all the processing manually and I also execute the ACT_Uninstaller.exe..... same thing..... but what I seen is when I try to install the Premium when I go on control panel add/remove program in the list I se ACT PRO !!!!! weird this is before erasing all the procedure

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

If ACT pro is is the add and remove programs still then this may be causing the problem and you will need to get rid of it, Do you have UAC enabled if so run the act un-installer by running as administrator as the log file you posted has errors in it where you do not have enough privileges.

You can also use CCleaner to to clean up the registry and remove applications from the add and remove programs area, it may help.

Highlighted
Employee

Although the steps in the KB article are fairly excessive, you are currently experiencing the reason for it. Until you can be sure none of the registry keys noted in the article remain, you can not be sure the issue will be resolved.

It is worth setting some time aside to go through and be sure no Act registry keys remain. Only then will you be able to do a clean install and get past these errors.

The article makes the steps look longer than they are, the important thing to remember is that not all the registry keys listed will be there.

There is no quick fix to this issue.

Highlighted

If ACT pro is is the add and remove programs still then this may be causing the problem and you will need to get rid of it, Do you have UAC enabled if so run the act un-installer by running as administrator as the log file you posted has errors in it where you do not have enough privileges.

You can also use CCleaner to to clean up the registry and remove applications from the add and remove programs area, it may help

To anwser your post here, I have execute the ACT Uninstaller as administrator and a was with the UAC enable.. this is good or I need to do it again without UAC enable ?

I also use CCleaner, I did the scan and clean the registry with it already.

So what do I need to do to remove the error privilege has you said regarding me log file ?

================================

Although the steps in the KB article are fairly excessive, you are currently experiencing the reason for it. Until you can be sure none of the registry keys noted in the article remain, you can not be sure the issue will be resolved.

It is worth setting some time aside to go through and be sure no Act registry keys remain. Only then will you be able to do a clean install and get past these errors.

The article makes the steps look longer than they are, the important thing to remember is that not all the registry keys listed will be there.

There is no quick fix to this issue.

What to I need to search in the registry like ACT! word, Swiftpage word.......and what else ?

Highlighted
Employee

[ Edited ]
Search for keyword Act! Pro in registry and delete the keys with the product and display name as the same.. Please take backup of registry for safety...
Highlighted

I search in the registry the follow up word:

Act! Pro

Act!

Act

Swiftpage

Same problem