Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't stop alarms to appear, can't change default option of ring to NO ALARM.

Can't stop alarms to appear, can't change default option of ring to NO ALARM.

We use ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (ST Edition) Version 9.0.1.162

We have 19 users and a problem with alarms. We use task list mainly, and we want to switch off alarms.

When chaning in tools > preferences > calendar & scheduling > scheduling preferences to

no alarm, when we click OK button, it seams that our software does not read instruction, does not change option of ring alarm to NO ALARM.

We tried database maintanance function chek & repair, hower it did not help at all.

After spending almost 1/2 of day trying to resolve the issue, we can't find solution.

Is there anyone who have experienced the same problem?

We just do not want to have alarms to pop up, and have a default functionality to NO ALARM.

Please help to resolve matter.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't stop alarms to appear, can't change default option of ring to NO ALARM.

Hello zetha,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. When you choose the preference for No Alarms, this changes the default setting for new activities. There is not a way within the program to shut off all alarms that have already been set.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Can't stop alarms to appear, can't change default option of ring to NO ALARM.

Thanks Greig, however the problem is in default options in scheduling settings. 

When I choose that option to NO ALARM, then I click OK accepting my changes, then I go to any of my clients and I schedule new activity for the client, alarm duration appears back.

I do not refer to old activities, this is understandable, I am talking about new, future activities, that I do not want alarm to appear, and although changing in our options, for some reasons our software does not react, does not want to change to no alarm.

I will appreciate if someone could actually help us resolve this matter

With regards,

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately this was a reported issue with the Act! 2007 program.  Once the default for the alarm was changed to something other than 'No Alarm' it could not be reset back to 'No Alarm'.  Even deleting the Act! Preference files will not reset it.  I believe the only option we found was to uninstall the Act! program and then reinstall it, which would put the alarm back to the original default (which was 'No Alarm'). 

FYI - This was resolved in later versions and I've just verified it in Act! 2010.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Super Contributor

Is there a way or tool now available that can be used to delete alarms from old activities that have not been cleared?

PF

Nickel Super Contributor

Pete, yes, there is.  It is a one of Stan's products.

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

I have ACT 2010 and this issue was NOT resolved. I am having the same issue. When starting ACT, I get a message with 243 "alarms." If I click on any to remove them, the entire program freezes up. It has effectively made the entire program useless.

The problem continues to occur in ACT 2 0 1 4 !!!  ACT has become too complicated - more trouble than it is worth....  Swiftpage is trying to do too many things, at the expense of fundamental contact and calendar functions.  Anybody have a suggestion for an alternative, simple program, without all the marginally useful bells and whistles?