Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't see ACT in mail setup options

Copper Contributor

Can't see ACT in mail setup options

Hi guys,

I have recently changed my notebook PC. I installed ACT Premium 2012 on the new PC (I have the newer versions but don't have time to ugrade everything!), when I go into the Email Setup ACT Email does not appear as an option.

Can give me some clues as to why it's not there?

I'm running ACT Premium 2012 on Windows 7 64 bit, with MS Outlook 2010 (32 bit). Master database is on a remote server.

Thanks,

Kevin

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Can't see ACT in mail setup options

Set up the Email in Act (Tools > Preferences > Email Tab) to work with your Outlook.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com
Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry my original post wasn't very clear.

The problem was that Outlook was not showing as an option in the mail setup.

I ran a repair on Microsoft Office, restarted Outlook and ACT and this fixed the problem.

Thanks for responding Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

Just reinstalled ACT after a computer crash. ACT works fine except that it cannot see Office 2010 Outlook as an option in setting up email. I will try out the repair option on Office 2010 to see if this will correct this problem.

I have the same problem. I ran Microsoft Office 2010 Repair successfully, rebooted and restart both email and ACT. Problem is still there. How did this break when it works on all my other machines. This was a simple re-install. Has there been an update that has messed up this function?