Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't register software with email serial number and installation code

Can't register software with email serial number and installation code

I have a very p*ssed off client that is trying to register his Act 2012. His trial is ending on a new PC and he is fed up with the phone and email support. He sent me the emails and they are horrifying.

I assured him the mods here know what they are doing and am looking to resolve this asap.  He has a license for 2 computers. One is up and running and the new machine won't accept  the installation code. Both PC's are running the same exact version. Please help me resolve this issue without wasting 2 days on the phone and emailing back and forth with someone who can barely speak English. We have several clients using your software and never had problems until recently... Let's change that please. 

Just let me know what you need from me to get him up and running.

Thanks!

Re: Can't register software with email serial number and installation code

kevn357,

Welcome to the Act! community Forum!

Email me his contact information and his serial number.  I will look into it.  More than likely he's installed on too many computers and we need to adjust his installation tolerance.  A part of the terms of service of having our software it states that you can only install on so many computers before talking to us.  If that's the case I'll be able to adjust his tolerances so he can register.

If he's within the installation tolerance, then it would make sense that he has the wrong serial number or there's an issue writing the registration files, that we can also help him with.

I'm sorry he's had a problem with our support department.  I'm one of the guys who answers when he calls, and I'll be happy to discuss his concerns and get them in the right hands.  My email address is Billy.Clark@Swiftpage.com

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com