Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't pull reports in ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't pull reports in ACT!

Hello, I'm running Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.1.108.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and using a shared database located on another server. Three of our terminal servers have no problems running reports but when logged on to the fourth server you can't run any reports. I get a message of "The report could not be opened by ACT!." Also when trying to edit the template for any reports i get an error message of "The report contained unrecognized elements and could not be loaded." All functionality except reports is available on this server and all of the same reports will run on all of the other servers. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author WVela
‎05-04-2017 08:25 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Can't pull reports in ACT!

Probably a problem with windows permissions for those users logging on to server #4  for the "reports" subfolder of the Act! database caused by a slight "difference" between Server #4 and the other ones.

Had this problem in a CITRIX environment myself sometime ago.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author WVela
‎05-04-2017 08:25 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Probably a problem with windows permissions for those users logging on to server #4  for the "reports" subfolder of the Act! database caused by a slight "difference" between Server #4 and the other ones.

Had this problem in a CITRIX environment myself sometime ago.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

I've been working on this on and off for a couple weeks now and one day after I post it here I have it fixed... Second folder I checked had the wrong permissions for users. Changed them to be in line with the rest of the servers and reports are working fine. Thanks for the help!