Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't get Act.Outlook.Service.exe to run

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't get Act.Outlook.Service.exe to run

After most recent 'update' the 'download outlook integration' doesn't !!!

I get an extra pop-up box that says : . . . . . . 

#################

"You must install additional software before Act! Premium (Web) can be synchronized with other address books.

If you have already installed the software, close this message and check your browser for additional instructions on how to allow ‘APFWOutlook’ from ‘Swiftpage Act! LLC’ to run "

###############

then a choice of 'Install' or 'Close'

Install doesn't do anything either

two questions

1          what is the 'additional software'

2        the 'e-mail set-up' options don't work either ,   is this a security issue with the Chrome browser?

when I check on line all the hints say go to preferences, synchronisation etc, which might work if that synch option was present!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlinE
‎05-15-2018 01:53 AM
Administrator

Re: Can't get Act.Outlook.Service.exe to run

This can sometimes be an issue with security settings in Chrome preventing the download from starting.

Try doing the same thing in Internet Explorer - once the Integration tool is downloaded and installed, you should be able to switch back to Chrome!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author OnlinE
‎05-15-2018 01:53 AM
Administrator

This can sometimes be an issue with security settings in Chrome preventing the download from starting.

Try doing the same thing in Internet Explorer - once the Integration tool is downloaded and installed, you should be able to switch back to Chrome!

Jon

Thanks very much, I don't like the layout of ACT within Microsoft platform, and didn't realise that the microsoft browser version has EXTRA options in the 'tools section' !

but all working now .. . . .