Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't edit/replace Company Record Manager

Copper Super Contributor

Can't edit/replace Company Record Manager

I have just changed Record Manager for a bunch of Contacts no problem, using Edit/Replace.

However I can't do the same for Companies. Select Record Manager in the Edit/Replace dialog and the textbox is greyed out.

I can't do it in Company List view either, in Edit Mode the Record Manager column is not editable.

I can do it by going into each record one at a time, but I have over 1000 to do...

using ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can't edit/replace Company Record Manager

Unfortunately there is no built-in function for mass updating the Record Manager for Companies. 

Here is an add-on that says it can copy/replace/swap any fields within an Act! database, you may want to take a look at it: Copy Fields Wizard

There may be additional add-ons that will perform the function you need, you can review the full list here: Act! add-ons 

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Greg, thanks for the referral to our product.  Our product used to be able to replace Record Manager, but in one of the ACT updates, they broke the way fields are returned to the SDK and some protected fields, like Record Manager, fail to show up in the dropdown list for replacement.  Don, my programmer, says it's time for him to go ahead and update Advanced Copy Fields to Advanced Copy Fields Plus so he can hard code in Record manager and also now to do Opportunities fields since that is part of Version 12.  I will let you know when that is ready to fly so you can post here.  I'm being a "good vendor" and not bragging (er....posting) about our products.  I think they are pretty cool, but then, I'm biased.  8-) 
Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!

j_h

Please give me the layman way of doing this.  Thanks

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello J_H,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

If you are trying to replace the Company Record Manager, at this time it must be done individually in the Company Detail view on the Company Info tab.

If you are trying to replace the contents of a contact field for multiple contacts at a time, you can use the Edit > Replace Field option.  Before using the command it is recommended to create a backup of your database (File > Backup > Database), then perform a Lookup to display the desired contacts.  The Replace Field option will replace the value for all contacts listed in the Contact List view (Lookup results).

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Elite Contributor

ACT 2012 Premium SP1  and it still does not work. You can select Record Manger in Companies in Edit Replace but then the new information area for paste is grayed out.

2 years and still no fix to this problem ????????   Please tell me I am wrong!

Bronze Contributor

Our Advanced Copy Fields Wizard will do a mass replace of Record Manager on Company records.  You can find more details here on our products page.  This tool works on Contacts, Companies and Opportunities (for versions of ACT 2010 and above).

http://www.egenconsulting.com/egcproducts.html

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!