Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't delete activities

Tuned Listener

Can't delete activities

I have just updated Act Premium to Act! Pro Version 20.1.120.0, Update 2.

I have several hundred Activities showing--hundreds of duplicates. When I market them and try to delete them, they reappear--and Act freezes up. I have to bail using Task Manager to get out.

Any suggestions?

Administrator

Re: Can't delete activities

When did these activities appear? Was it immediately after upgrading, or after setting up the new outlook sync?

Did you previously have your calendar synced to outlook?
Tuned Listener

I'm not exactly sure, as I normally have Notes showing for each contact.

I've upgraded twice, over the last week or so, most recently yesterday.

I have not set up any new syncs between Outlook and Act.

I just turned off synchronization between ACt and Outlook calendars so I could get rid of the hundreds of entries.The same thing happens: I erase multiple entries, confirm, then Act freezes.

Tuned Listener

Running Act  20.1.120.0, Update 2.

I am still plagued by this issue of not being able to delte activities. There are undreds of duplciate tasks, and when I try to delete them, they immediately reappear. I have turned off Synch with Outlook. Still have the problem, I have tried shutting down Outlook. Still have the problem.

From reading the forums, it looks like others have had the problem as well over a period of years.

Has anyone come up with a solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Administrator

First step is to narrow down the source of the problem - if you create a new database, or use the demo database do you get the same issue? Are you able to create and delete activities successfully?

On the original database, have you tried logging in as a different user - and seeing if the issue persists?

Once we know where the problem lies - we may be able to find a resolution.

It's also always worth running database maintenance from the Tools menu.