Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't create remote database

Can't create remote database

I get this message: Failed to create remote database "Database_Name". Incorrect syntax near '0'. I can't find where the syntax error is. I have done the normal check, repair, reindex. I also went through the rebuild options, to no avail. I am stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated. I am running Premium for Workgroups 2007 version 9. Thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't create remote database

Does it work from the demo database?
Have you updated to 9.0.1 + Hofix3 (you will need to do this on ALL machines)?
What operating system?

No it doesn't work from any other database, even a new one. I haven't applied a the hotfix. It is running on Windows Server 2003.

What's the exact version of ACT! (from Help | about)?
What folder are you trying to save to?
Are you a local admin in windows on the machine?
Copper Contributor

I have the exact same problem. I called Sage and they advised me to uninstall .NET and reinstall it. This did not work. I am Windows 2008 with ACT! Premium 2007 ST Edition. I was able to make remote databases 2 months ago. We did apply the microsoft update but as stated, we did reinstall our .NET. Any advise would be appreciated!
Copper Contributor

p.s. I am the admin on the machine. I'm running :ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) (ST Edition) Version 9.0.0.175

Applying hotfixes are hard for me because I have over 30 machines. I don't think that would be the solution either since I was able to make remotes 2 months ago.

In that time, something has gone wrong with either the program or the database.

Updating the version of ACT! will see if it's the program and should also update the schema which may help if it's the database

Copper Contributor

Another flaw with ACT
Copper Super Contributor

I believe that error can appear based on trying to put illegal characters in one of the user names, the database name, or a field name. You may want to check those out.

Michael Kadlec
Act! Certified Consultant
Corelogix Corporation
Copper Contributor

I have the solution: 1 of the users I have working on our databases updated their ACT! and opened other databases and updating them in the process plus we had the service pack 1 of .NET on our server copy. Now we are up and running again and making remote databases. Thanks to everyone for their help!