Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't create new activity

Can't create new activity

I posted this the other day, but don't see it and didn't get any e-mails, so I am reposting.

I can't create new activites of any type. Get the error,"You must select at least one contact to schedule an activity". But there IS a contact in the 'Schedule With' field.

I have tried creating activities from Act! menu, icon bar, and right-clicking on activity tab of the contact. Same error.

Have entered contact name through drop-down from Contacts button, hard text entry or from the Add Activity menu brought-upfrom the contact's Activity tab. Same error.

Have tried rebooting PC, restating Act!, stopping & restarting Act! Scheduler. Same error.

Please help

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't create new activity

[ Edited ]

Try creating a new database, entering in a contact, then creating an activity for that contact. If you are able to do this, then the issue may be with your database. You can try and correct the problem by running maintenance on your database. Please see the following Knowledgebase article for instructions:

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures Using ACTDIAG

Message Edited by ghollister on 03-30-2009 07:02 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.