Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't change Company Table, Company field type from Charc. to Uppercase

JM
Nickel Contributor

Can't change Company Table, Company field type from Charc. to Uppercase

I wanted to have all my contact name/company/address fields type to be Uppercase. I changed the type for Company, Opportunity and Contact Tables.  I noticed even after repair/rebuild/index & run ACTDIAG I could not in Company Table scroll or select (navigate) up/down the left column list view of companies. It acted like I was hitting the page up button when clicking on a company.  I could lookup a company and it would go to it highlighting the left pane view and see the linked contact records, even double click on contact to go to the Contact record, but if you arrow up or down you loose the means to highlight the next company record. 

Noticed the companies with names that had lower case charc. in the left column/table pane view did not convert to upper case BUT in the right pane view detail layout the Hierarchy field was the same lower case yet the Company field was upper case.

I would have to say the bug is the Company field converts to uppercase but not the Hierarchy

I changed my Opportunity address fields to Uppercase and have not noticed any problems.

I did notice there's an Oppt. Company field that you only see in list view Options/Column and not able to put in the detail view layout to access and change it.  Rather you go to the Company table and change its company field name which will update in the Oppt. record company field.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Can't change Company Table, Company field type from Charc. to Uppercase

99% sure that is the way they coded it.  Nothing we as end users can do to change it.  Now, if you wanted to pay a customer developer to write a plugin for you, I am sure for a few hundred $$$ you get get what you want.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
JM
Nickel Contributor

Pay to fix a bug HaHa..

I'll just insert in my DOC Templates (incase I ever do mail merge from opportunity) after right click on field and select Toggle Field Codes to show and insert the string to force a field to CAPS

[ACTFIELD]TBL_CONTACT.FULLNAME \* Caps

JM

Platinum Elite Contributor

Just to clear things up, when it's working as designed that isn't a bug. You may not like the way ti's designed and you can make a request for a feature change but it isn't a bug by the accepted industry definition.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129