Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't add New Group for one database- Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Hotfix 4

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Can't add New Group for one database- Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Hotfix 4

Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Hotfix 4 installed

2 databases

On one, when we click the Groups>>New Group link in the Menu, it opens up and has fields for a Group Name and Description....if you don't add a group you can't just close it...keeps prompting 'The group's name is empty; please enter a group name'.  The only way out is to 'End Task'.

The other one shows  a blank screen w/the words " Error loading the layout." Where the fields for a Group Name and Description should be. Again, must use 'End Task" to close ACT completely and start over.

The install of Hotfix4  appeared to allow a group to be added to the 1st database, but didn't fix the 2nd.

Any ideas?

Thank-you,

Td

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author wtdash
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Can't add New Group for one database- Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Hotfix 4

Thanks for the reply.

I messed around w/the Menu choices in the left column: Contacts, Contact List, Groups, etc. Choosing the Group List brings up screen where I can RIGHT-click>>New Group and add a group, but when I view the groups I get the same "Error Loading the Layout".

So, I found the Layout folders, and there was a file that was 0KB for the 'broken' database. I copied them over from the working database and VOILA! It's working again, or appears to be (just the IT guy, not an ACT user).

ThankS!

Td

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Td,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Database 1: This is functioning as designed.  Once you have accessed the New Group screen, you will need to enter a Group name.  If you have decided you don't want to create a group, you will still have to complete the process (enter a name) and then delete the unwanted Group.  You can enter a name such as 'DeleteGroup' so that it is highly visible.

Database 2: Are you able to access the Group Detail screen (without clicking the New Group option)?  If not, this sounds like the Group layout has become corrupted.  Try selecting a different layout while on the Group Detail screen.  Additionally, if it is the basic layout - you can replace it with a copy of the Group layout from Database 1.  Group layouts are located in the 'Databasename - database file' folder, subfolder is Layouts.  Group layouts will have a naming convention of 'Basic Group Layout...', copy it/them from the Database 1 folder and paste into the Database 2 folder.

Greg Martin
Sage
Solution
Accepted by topic author wtdash
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I messed around w/the Menu choices in the left column: Contacts, Contact List, Groups, etc. Choosing the Group List brings up screen where I can RIGHT-click>>New Group and add a group, but when I view the groups I get the same "Error Loading the Layout".

So, I found the Layout folders, and there was a file that was 0KB for the 'broken' database. I copied them over from the working database and VOILA! It's working again, or appears to be (just the IT guy, not an ACT user).

ThankS!

Td