Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't access network resources while Act is running

Can't access network resources while Act is running

I have two user that are having problems while running Act. (Act 2009 EX Premium) There is a master database on the server and the two PC (laptops) and local copies that they sync with the server throughout the day. Each laptop has 2 Gb RAM and plenty of hard drive space. The laptops perform very well untill Act is started. As soon as Act gets running, they can no longer access network resources such as shared folders or printers. This problem has just recently cropped up - maybe in the last month or so. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Rick

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Can't access network resources while Act is running

That's one of the weirdest problems I've heard, and I've heard a lot of them.

If you exit ACT!, can you hit the shared folders and printers again?  If ACT! is open, but you close the database, does that make a difference? 

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training

This is indeed a strange problem. I can close Act and the network resources become available after 1/2 a minute or so. When I close the database and leave Act running, the network stuff is available again. This started after I moved the system database on the server (with the help of an Act consultant standind next to me).

Hi,

Did you ever find a solution to this issue. I am having similar issues where the users at remote site are experiencing a latency/dropouts in terms of Network access and database access in the main office. Perhaps the main issue being Outlook disconnects so often and asks for Username and Password every couple of seconds. I know this is due to ACT! as uninstalling act altogether from a PC in remote location all of a sudden seems to resolve these issues for that user...but uninstalling ACT is not a solution by any means.

No resolution yet. I am going to open a ticket with support as my customer is getting a bit upset...

Thanks,

Rick