Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Record Email in History view ACT 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Avid Listener
Accepted Solution

Can't Record Email in History view ACT 2010

[ Edited ]

We just upgraded ACT 2009 Premium to ACT 2010 Premium, which used 1 pc with 1 user with 1 database. We just added 1 more ACT db user with their own email address in Outlook. User1 has been using Act with their Outlook email and sends emails to contacts which this email is shown & recorded in the History tab view.

PROBLEM: When User2 signs into Act and their Outlook email on the same pc,  when they send an email to an ACT contact, the email is not recorded in the History tab view. This is very important to record, but I can only see the emails in the sent files of Outlook.

I cannot figure out what I need to do in order to view the emails I sent under the history tab. I have everything public, so the histories can be seen.Any help?

* When User2 does a 'Mail Merge' and sends email message (from template), the emails are recorded in the History Tab view!  Any direction? Thank you-I am frustrated at this not working for individual email messages sent.

Thank you for any advice! Judy

Message Edited by ACTJudy on 01-29-2010 05:46 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACTJudy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Record Email in History view ACT 2010

What version of Windows Operating System?

Is the second user logging into Windows as their own profile, presumably yes if they have their own Outlook profile?

Was email setup in ACT! for the second user completed?

Is it the same ACT! database that each user logs onto (may seem a silly question but worth asking)?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ACTJudy
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

What version of Windows Operating System?

Is the second user logging into Windows as their own profile, presumably yes if they have their own Outlook profile?

Was email setup in ACT! for the second user completed?

Is it the same ACT! database that each user logs onto (may seem a silly question but worth asking)?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Avid Listener

[ Edited ]

Hello, Thank you for your response!  We use Windows XP from 2002. The 2nd user did log onto Outlook 2003 with their own profile. However, thanks to your reply, we figured out that twe did not complete the email setup in Act! for the 2nd user. We didn't have the ACT address book in Outlook set up. (we also has history set as private in Act's email setup -wizard   where it sets attaches email messages in the contact's history) If I did any other changes, I dont know or recall what I did; but  it's working well now.

Thank you so very, very much! Judy

Message Edited by ACTJudy on 02-01-2010 10:12 AM