Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Print Envelopes

Bronze Contributor

Can't Print Envelopes

ACT! 2012 Premium

Customer can't print envelopes:

Printer prints to 8½x11

We edited the template for the #10, and went to File, Page Setup, and the Paper Size is set to 8½x11 and greyed out so we can't change it.

Printer is a Dell laser with an Envelope Feeder, and it's set to the default and locally installed to this PC.

Confirmed that the Envelope Feeder is set as an option on the WIndows Print Properties Screen,

I opened the 10.env file to look at the XML and it's set to "<PaperSize>20</PaperSize>", same as my own setup, which shows the #10 envelope in Paper Size.

Any suggestions?

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Print Envelopes

Much of that depends on the printer driver. Between ACT!, Windows, the fideo driver, and the printer the sizing gets lost. I've never had a problem with and HP printer but I've seen it with other make printers. Personally I typically do envelope templates as 8.5 X 11 and use the margin setting to set the size of the envelope and positioning for the printer. It avoids problems like that.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

Re: Can't Print Envelopes

Thanks Roy, I've passed the info along, and if it's okay, I'll pass along your contact info in case they want to work with you ($) on a solution.

Signature