Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Lookup My Contact

GEM

Can't Lookup My Contact

Hello there, I am a new ACT user and I've been uploading lists from excel.  The first list I uploaded was working fine. 

When I go to my contact list, view all, the contact names were highlighted (hyperlink) and I was able to click on my contacts to open them up.  I have uploaded 2 more lists since then and now I am not able to look up any contact names from the last two lists that I uploaded.  My contact names are no longer highlighted, but instead of my contacts being highlighted and hyperlinked, its now my companies that appear like that in my contact list view.  Did I do something wrong when importing?  I thought the import feature was easy to use, and I understood it, so I am not sure if I did something wrong or if my permissions have been messed up somehow.

I've tried to make them public or private but that doesn't seem to work.  I am still able to lookup contact names from the first list I uploaded, even though they are not highlighted and I really don't get it.   Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and how to fix it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Lookup My Contact

The import would not have any effect on this functionality.  In the Contact List view, the contacts are not hyper-linked but you can get to a contact's record simply by double-clicking on their name.  There are some views, such as the Company view, the Group view and the Task List where the contact's name is hyper-linked.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Lookup My Contact

If you are still having this problem:

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

What exact steps are you taking to import?

What steps are you using to Lookup and what results do you get?