Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Access Database on Server

Can't Access Database on Server

Helo All,

We recently upgraded to a new server and I properly followed the step to move the database (i.e. detach from previous server and move the files to the server, open ACT on the server and allow it to create a .PAD file)  The database opens properly on the server, but when I try to open it from a client PC, I get the following error;

"The database XXXXXXXXX could not be accessed.  In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server."

I have successfully shared the folder permissions and that doesn't appear to be an issue.  We are running ACT 2010 Premium.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Access Database on Server

Hello pjobrent,
Please see the following Knowledgebase article for suggested solutions. The first thing I would check is the firewall settings/exceptions on the server:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.