Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can somebody help me? The type is the "Name" field is not flush left!

Can somebody help me? The type is the "Name" field is not flush left!

[ Edited ]

Type in field is not flush left. The company name and often the contact's name are not flush left so the beginning of the name is hidden on the left. It is impossible to see the name of the record without the beginning letters being revealed.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can somebody help me? The type is the "Name" field is not flush left!

Hello Bdallas,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Assuming you are running ACT! 2011, this is a known issue and at this time there is no fix available.  The issue is that the Company and Contact fields will shift the data to the left (obscuring some of the characters) when a Company or Contact name is displayed that is longer than the field on the layout.  Subsequent Contact records will also show the data shifted.

Work-arounds:

- You can put the cursor into the field and move it to the far left to correct the display (until another record is viewed where the Company or Contact name is longer than the field).

- If your layout allows, you can lengthen the Company/Contact field to accommodate more characters.  Thereby reducing the probability that a value will exceed the length of the field and shifting the characters.

Here is an article with instructions for editing a layout: KB Article 15332

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Can somebody help me? The type is the "Name" field is not flush left!

Greg:

Thanks, but it is not when the type has more characters than the field allows.  It is even when the name is shorter than the field.  This is a real glitch in the software and should be fixed immediately.  I can'e see who the company is when looking at a record.  I must go up and place the cursor in the field and move it left until I see the company name.  This is very time consuming when working in many records.

Come on guys.  Fix this.