Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can not choose which Contacts or Customer will Sync with Outlook

Tuned Listener

Can not choose which Contacts or Customer will Sync with Outlook

Using ACT Pro 2012 and Outlook 2007.  Trying to Sync All Contacts from Act to Outlook and unable to choose (while in Outlook Synchronization Preferences) the ACT! Contacts I wish to synchronize with Outlook.  Absolutly no response.  Please see attachment for the exact place the problem exists.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can not choose which Contacts or Customer will Sync with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hello bogey0846,
Please try the solutions in the following Knowledgebase article to help resolve this issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2962...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

I don't think you are understanding the problem.  If you look at his attachment you will notice that the check box for selecting the sync set to use is not there.  I'm having the exact problem.  There is a space for the check box but there should be an actual checkbox inside the cell to select (the field to the left of the name of the sync set). Since it is not there we are unable to select a sync set.  You can click on it all day long and it will not let you select it.  I have the checkbox for allowing the contacts to sync selected but in my case the "Define Sync Set" button is still unavailable.  I tried making these users Administrators but that didn't work.  Please help.  Thank you.

By the way there is no error message being displayed because we can't get that far. We can't select a sync set to synchronize to get an error.
Platinum Elite Contributor

You may need to adjust the DPI settings for the monitors. Please see this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2717...

I have also seen this issue caused by User Account Control if using Vista or Windows 7. You may need to disable this in Windows as well.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Changing the DPI did work but the text was too small for the end user to read. So I made the Outlook Sync Set selection in the reduced DPI mode, then changed the DPI back to normal. The checkboxes disappeared again but it "remembered" the sync set selection and continued to work. Thank you.