Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can no longer access ACT program it is asking me to re register

Can no longer access ACT program it is asking me to re register

ACT 2010

- This is in my personal computer used for my job I sync with the server at main office

- Windows 7

- As of last Thursday I have been able to log in and use the program however yesterday I went to log in and do a sync with my home office.  However when I open ACT it is asking me to register just like it was a brand new program.  I have my original email with the serial # and activation code.  However when I enter all of that it says unable to register you at this time you may continue using a trial version.  you have 0 days left.  I cannot reset this program up and I cannot get logged in to access my info in there either.  

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Can no longer access ACT program it is asking me to re register

Hello Heather,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Since you are using Windows 7, this could be caused by the Windows UAC function. Try opening ACT! using the 'Run as administrator' option. To do this:
- close ACT!
- right click on ACT! icon
- select 'Run as administrator'
If prompted to register, do so. Are you able to access the database?
Greg Martin
Sage

I tried the run as administrator but it still wants me to register.  Again I reenter all of my info with serial number and activation code.  It is still telling me we are unable to register ACT.  I cannot access any of the database.  I cannot get past this first box to even log in to access anything.  I have missed 2 days of work because of this.  

Using a private message, send me your serial number and I will check its registration limit (reset if necessary).

To send a private message: click on my community user name > in the right side column, select 'send this member a private message'
Greg Martin
Sage

I checked the registration limit and it had not been reached yet, but I did go ahead and reset it.  Try to register again.

If that does not work, it would appear the registration files have become damaged.  Here is an article with steps to resolve this issue: KB Article 14245

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

I spoke with someone today at Sage regarding this problem.  They asked me to uninstall ACT which I have done  The email  sent with uninstall directions did not have a link in order for me to reinstall.  Do you have access to reinstall for me? 

Heather,

Please see your Private Notes for a link to download the install files. 

If you haven't already, go through the article provided earlier and remove the registration files - then install ACT!.

Greg Martin
Sage

I have uninstalled and reinstalled with no success at getting registered.  Any other thoughts?  I just walk to someone else and they just sent me a link to this area and asked me to put cannot open sage in search.  Not sure what else I can do. 

Have you been through the steps in KB Article 14245?

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes we have followed that instruction