Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can no longer access ACT program it is asking me to re register

Highlighted

Re: Can no longer access ACT program it is asking me to re register

This is extremely frustrating... I have uninstalled, deleted registry entries etc. and then reinstalled without any luck. Customer service has been absolutely no help either as they sent me a link for the forums search, which in my opinion is a cop out and very unprofessional.  

Platinum Super Contributor

Having verified your serial number has not reached its limit of registrations, this issue is generally associated with the registration files.  Ensure that you have followed the steps to remove the registration 3 files (registrationdata.xml, Kgygaavl.sys, and other *.sys file).  Also ensure that the Protexis Licensing V2 service is started.  These items are in the previously linked article 14245.

Greg Martin
Sage

We have tried all of that and messing with the registry is now messing up my computer.  It is looking like the hard drive may have to be wiped because the registry is messed up.  

Platinum Super Contributor

Removing the registry items listed in the article should have no affect on other programs, but if you believe the registry changes (possibly wrong item removed) are the cause of other issues on the computer - the article contained instructions for creating a backup of the registry before updating it.  If the registry backup was created, it can be reloaded back to the original state. 

The issue appears to be a left over registration file, and if that is the actual culprit, reloading the OS would certainly be one way to resolve it.  Sage no longer provides direct support for ACT! 2010, but you may want to contact an ACT! Certified Consultant (ACC) to further troubleshoot the issue.  You can locate an ACC using the following web page: Locate ACT! Certified Consultant

Greg Martin
Sage