Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can Outlook Calendar Integration Delete Activities?

Can Outlook Calendar Integration Delete Activities?

One of our users deleted a few calendar items in Outlook but when the Outlook Calendar Integration Sync ran, the calendar items still showed up in ACT! as an activity and also still showed in her ACT! calendar. The task is set up to copy her Outlook calendar TO her ACT! Calendar at the top of every hour. I've also tested this out using both copy options (Copy and Copy Between Both Calendars).

My question is: Does the Integration Sync pick up on deleted items in Outlook? If it does, how do we get those same items deleted in ACT! without having the user go into both Outlook and ACT!

Thanks!

Re: Can Outlook Calendar Integration Delete Activities?

ACT! does a calendar copy rather than a sync.  It will not delete the activity from the other side.
Copper Contributor

You'll need a true sync solution to handle deletes from both sides.  DoubleLook is one option.  It manages two-way sync between ACT! and Outlook.

Has anyone done a solid comparison between DoubleLook and 123 Synchronizer and Act! 2009 with Outlook 2007?  I have used the trial version of both.  I like the automated in the background synching that DoubleLook provides, although my experience was that it conflicted with Yahoo AutoSync which I use to integrate my Yahoo calender with Outlook 2007.  123 Synchronizer seems to work, but is a little slow and I have not found an option to run in the background.  123 is about 2x the cost of DoubleLook.

Am I missing another, perhaps easier -less expense way to integrate Act contacts and calendars with Outlook?

Thanks, Wid

Copper Contributor

Here's an independent provider that sells both software packages:

http://www.actaddons.com

T: 1-800-806-5288

You can ask them about their experience.

Copper Elite Contributor

I've used both products, and they are both good products.  123 syncronizer can actually be scheduled to run at certain intervals, but the interface is less intuitive then Doublelook's.  If you need to deploy a server based sync to multiple Exchange profiles from multiple Act users, 123 sync also has an enterprise version.  Note it's possible Companionlink also has a version that does this, I'm not sure.
Nick Bohne
Effective Solutions, Inc.