Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I use a lookup table as criteria for a Group?

Can I use a lookup table as criteria for a Group?

Hi,

Here's what I'm trying to do.  I have a program that will give me a list of all zip codes within, say, a 30 mile radius of Phoenix.  What I want to do is create a Group named Phoenix area.  When I look at the options for dynamic group membership, I don't see anything for checking a csv lookup table, for example, created in Excel, say.  Can I use a look-up table for populating the Group, or is there another way to do it?

Thanks so much!

-Kathy

Re: Can I use a lookup table as criteria for a Group?

You can create and save a query in "advanced look" up that says the zip starts with, for example 123, you would put 123%.  I am guessing that the zips in the 30 mile radius begin with the same three numbers mostly.  If they don't, add more lines to your query, put each line in brackets and use the "or" option at the end of each line.  So the query would be (zip = 123%) or (zip = 12345) or (zip = 345%). and so on.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your help.  I've noticed that Zip Codes aren't always as nicely grouped as your solution would fit, but it's a neat trick that I'll keep in mind if another "lookup" option doesn't work.

Thanks again!

-kb

Copper Super Contributor

You could try tagging the records prior to the import identifying the list they came from, then map that field to a custom field in ACT. At that point you can query your custom field.

Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA