Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I sort by custom activities in ACT! 2009?

Tuned Listener

Can I sort by custom activities in ACT! 2009?

[ Edited ]

Roy,

I have ACT for Financial Planners Premium  Version 11 from 2009 and I can create custom activities but CAN I sort by the custom ones that I have added?  It only makes sense since we can add them, right?  When we run the reports they either do not show up or come up as OTHER not tagged as the custom actitivity which we set up. So they are rendered worthless.  Anyway to correct this.

Thanks.

[Edit: updated subject to reflect topic]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can I sort by custom activities in ACT! 2009?

[ Edited ]

I would need more information but I suspect that when you added the custom activities you didn't modify the results and simply left it as completed.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your response.

Actually the results were modified as completed or not completed with the completed being the default.  I thought we used to sort by the custom activities when we used the regular ACT not for Financial Planners.  Maybe FP doesn't allow the sort?? Seems very inefficient though.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Was the results <activity> completed or just completed. The results becomes the type in the history and if you don't include the activity name in the results, all of the custom activities become the same type in the history.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129