Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can I record history of scheduled activities that are NOT cleared?

Skilled Commentator

Can I record history of scheduled activities that are NOT cleared?

Hi,

Is there a way to record (in history or anywhre else) whenever an activity is scheduled? I know it records in history when cleared which is great.  However I want some kind of record of when an activity has been scheduled (as in the date and time the user booked it for some time in the future) and then moved and/or deleted it.  With hundreds of meetings (Personal Training appointments) a week accross 24 staff every week we have a few (so only about 1% but that's too high) messed up either by the Personal Trainer or the client.  If we could see a record of what happened that would be great. ie They claim they never has an appointment today and we could see that todays appointment was booked 5 days ago at 9am and any other supporting evidence to let us know who stuffed up and when! Any ideas on how this can be done?

Thanks,

Scott Hunt

fitnessenhancement.com

Skilled Commentator

Re: Can I record history of scheduled activities that are NOT cleared?

No ideas or solutions for this message anyone? Just thought I'd try one last time. Thanks!

Scott Hunt

Silver Super Contributor

You would need a 3rd party addon to do it.  I've written a program called Scripting for ACT! that will let you create scripts in Visual Basic.NET that run based on events in ACT!.  In your case the event would be when an activity was created.  You (or I) could create a script for you that would create a history whenever an activity was created.  If you're interested contact me offline.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Skilled Commentator

Great thanks, will do.  Am hoping to use it to better track what our Personal Trainers book etc

Scott